If you need help for yourself, there are lots of ways to reach us:
- Text or call us at 1-712-215-0309
- Send us an email to email@example.com
- Visit our Facebook page to use messenger to reach us
- Like our Facebook page to see our posts regularly
- Join our support group, currently meeting on Thursdays at the Shenandoah Public Library. See the calendar to make sure we’re meeting since we usually get together every other Thursday evening.
To help someone you know:
- Listen. Try not to judge your friend; sometimes having someone listen is what they need.
- Ask questions about their relationship.
- Try to understand that there is no one right answer for someone in an abusive relationship. Some people find leaving is a good alternative but others choose not to leave.
- Offer suggestions for places to get help, such as Holly’s Hope, the Iowa Coalition Against Domestic Violence, Catholic Charities or the National Council Against Domestic Violence.
- Join our volunteers as we work to raise money or help people.
- Sign up for our newsletter.